Longview Power utilizes the best available current technologies to protect the environment.
Longview Power was founded on the principle that abundant domestic energy reserves can be utilized in an environmentally safe, responsible manner. We acknowledge and agree with public expectations for Longview to respect and safeguard the environment. Accordingly, Longview will strive for industry-leading environmental performance.
We commit to:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, permits, and agreements;
- Provide adequate resources to meet our environmental commitments;
- Utilize best management practices to minimize potential environmental effects;
- Promote conservation of energy and resources throughout our operations;
- Seek beneficial re-use of operational byproducts;
- Maintain readiness to respond effectively to potential environmental incidents;
- Support environmental stewardship through conservation and improvement of the natural resources within our properties, surrounding areas, and host communities;
- Establish and maintain status as responsible members of our host communities;
- Conduct periodic reviews and seek continuous improvements in environmental performance; and
- Give preference to suppliers and contractors that share our commitment to environmental excellence.
This commitment is an essential element of our business strategy. Starting with top management, all Longview personnel are responsible for understanding and supporting this commitment to environmental excellence.